5 Reasons to Drink Water
Water is essential for sustaining our life. It makes up about sixty per cent of our body weight and is involved in many important bodily functions. Therefore, drinking enough water is essential for maintaining a good and disease-free health.
Here are five reasons why you should drink water daily:
1. Water helps regulate body temperature. The water you drink helps to absorb and release the body heat. This in turn helps to keep your body temperature at a safe level. When we do exercise or are in a hot environment, we sweat in order to cool down. Sweat is made up of water and electrolytes, so it is important to replenish the fluids lost after sweating.
2. Water helps transport nutrients and waste products. Water is the medium in which essential nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and glucose, are transported all through the body. It also helps to transport waste products, such as carbon dioxide, out of the body.
3. Water helps lubricate your joints. Water is a key component of synovial fluid. This synovial fluid lubricates joints and cushions bones. This in turn helps to prevent joint pain and stiffness.
4. Water helps protect your organs. Water helps to protect your organs from any damage. For example, it helps to protect the kidneys from dehydration and kidney stones. It also helps to protect the liver from toxins.
5. Water helps boost your energy levels. When we are dehydrated, our bodies have to work harder to function properly. This can lead to fatigue and low energy levels. When you drink water, it can help to improve energy levels and reduce fatigue.
Having said this, how much water should you drink in a day?
Medical experts suggest that women should have more than nine glasses or three liters and men more than thirteen glasses or seven liters of water in a day. Yet, these regulations are only generic rules. Nevertheless, each individual will necessitate distinctive measures for the approach based on their health, exercise, weather, etc.
Here are a few tips for drinking more water:
You can always carry water bottles with you.
You may also mix the water with different kinds of vegetables and fruits, for you to find it tasty.
The individual who uses this diet plan should also ensure that he or she drinks some water about fifteen minutes before taking food, during meal, and after the meal.
Another thing is the use of water for drinking when waking up or some moments before the sleep.
Other than this, you should also include more water-containing foods like watermelons, fresh veggies, or soups within your diet plan.
Therefore, water to drink should be the first element for healthy life and disease prevention. This maintains body temperature, moves food and waste products, insulates joints, provides organ support, and hydrates the body. It is thus recommended that one drinks plenty of water in order not to be unhealthy and go to hospital and expensive drugs.