Azerbaijani soup "Bozbash".
True gourmets call this soup "great". It is served even on holidays. Bozbash is a meat soup, and lamb is used as meat here. But if you don't have it, you can use beef. This soup is beloved both in the Caucasus and in Russia.
Ingredients (based on 8 servings of soup):
Lamb or beef without bone - 800 grams;
Chickpeas - 200 grams;
Onions - 2 pieces;
Butter - 100 grams;
Tomatoes - 3 pieces;
Potatoes (medium size) - 6 pieces;
Bay leaf - 3 pieces;
Greens Cilantro or Dill - as you wish;
Curcuma seasoning - as you wish;
Salt - as you wish;
Ground black pepper or red pepper - as you wish.
Instructions for cooking:
1. Soak the chickpeas in water for about eight hours. Then slice the onion into half rings.
After that fry the onions in a pan with butter (use about 80 grams of butter) until golden.
2. Take the meat, cut into cubes, and lightly fry in a pan along with the onion until lightly browned. We don't need to fry the meat all the way through!
While the meat is roasting, boil about four liters of water in a pot. Add the meat with the onions and chickpeas to the boiling water. Turn the heat on the stove to medium.
3. In the broth, while boiling, put 3 bay leaves, when the water boils again - remove the bay leaves, for example - a tablespoon. Boil the broth for an hour and a half to two hours, until the meat and chickpeas are cooked (they should become soft). Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut them in half. It is recommended to put the cut potatoes in a separate container and pour water over them. This will keep the potatoes from darkening!
4. When the meat and the chickpeas are cooked, put the potatoes into our soup and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
5. Also in a skillet, lightly fry the tomatoes cut into four pieces (fry in the remaining butter, seven to ten minutes).
6. Add the lightly fried tomatoes to the soup and continue to simmer for another five minutes.
7. Almost done! It remains to add seasonings - turmeric, pepper and a little salt. You can turn off the heat on the stove, close the pot with a lid and wait another five minutes.
8. The soup can be served! Do not forget to add the greens. Bon appetit!