No one got richer in 2021 than Elon Musk, who topped the Billionaire List in 2022 for the first time. As of March 11, 2022, his fortune was estimated at $219 billion. He managed to add $68 billion to his fortune last year thanks to a 33% jump in Tesla stock prices.
He surpassed Jeff Bezos, who dropped to second place for the first time in four years as Amazon's stock fell 3% and his charitable donations rose - so he lost $6 billion of his fortune, which ended up at $171 billion. French luxury goods magnate Bernard Arnault, who made $8 billion in a year, remains the third richest man ($158 billion). The top five richest people in the world are Bill Gates ($129 billion) and Warren Buffett ($118 billion).
The top 10 list of Forbes also includes billionaires: founder of the investment company Berkshire Hathaway Warren Buffett ($118 billion), Larry Page, a shareholder in Google - Alphabet ($111 billion), co-founder of Google Sergey Brin ($107 billion), Oracle founder Larry Ellison ($106 billion), former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer ($91 billion) and others. ), and rounding out the top 10 richest people on the planet is Indian businessman Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani ($90.7 billion).
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is not out of the top 10 richest people on the planet, his fortune dropped to $67 billion.
Billionaires State, $ billion Main asset Country
1. Elon Musk 219 Tesla, SpaceX United State
2. Jeff Bezos 171 Amazon United State
3. Bernard Arnault & family 158 LVMH Franc
4. Bill Gates 129 Microsoft United State
5. Warren Buffett 118 Berkshire Hathaway United State
6. Larry Page 111 Google United State
7. Sergey Brin 107 Google United State
8. Larry Ellison 106 Oracle United State
9. Steve Ballmer 91 Microsoft United State
10. Mukesh Ambani 91