• 1.5 kg lasagna noodles
• 1 tbsp. extra - virgin olive oil,
• 1kg minced mutton
• 4 garlic ( minced )
• 2 tbsp. dried oregano
• Kosher salt / Normal salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 Bottles of Marinara Sauce
• 500ml Ricotta / Normal Amul Cheese
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan ( Italian Cheese )
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
• 2 egg
• 900gm sliced mozzarella
FOR LASAGNA NOODLES
• Heat the oven to 375º.
• In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the lasagna noodles for less than 2 minutes.
• Drain and drizzle a bit of olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
• In a large pot over medium - high heat, heat oil.
• Cook the minced mutton until it becomes little red in colour.
• Remove from heat and drain fat.
• Return the mutton to skillet and add garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
• Season with salt and pepper, then add marinara and stir until warmed through.
• Combine Ricotta / normal cheese ( I will prefer you guys to use Ricotta for better taste ), 1/4 cup Parmesan ( Italian hard Cheese ), parsley, and egg in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
• In a large casserole dish, spread a quarter of the meat sauce across the bottom of the dish, then top it with a single layer of lasagna noodles, a layer of ricotta mixture, a single layer of mozzarella, and a layer of meat sauce.
• Repeat the same procedure, topping the last layer of noodles with meat sauce, Parmesan, and mozzarella.
• Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then increase temperature to 400º and bake uncovered for 18 to 20 minutes.
• Garnish with parsley before serving.