1) Kay Peterson, David Colby " Live and Learn " Don't like to study? Perhaps you just haven't found your approach. The authors of the bestselling book describe 9 learning styles that are typical for different people. With the help of the book, you will determine which one is characteristic of you and learn the principles of flexible and effective learning. Must read for beginning methodologists and everyone interested in modern education.
2) Carol Dweck " Flexible Mind " What is more important - talent or the ability to work with oneself and achieve goals? If you are used to dividing people into capable and not very capable, if you believe that a person's success depends on chance, you are missing out on a lot. The book teaches the principles of flexible consciousness - capable of rapid changes, constantly learning, open to new things. After reading it, you will learn the way to think and act that allows you to achieve goals in the modern world.
3) George Leonard “ Craftsmanship. A lifelong journey " Are you familiar with the situation when you make a decision to change your life (learn English, exercise regularly or start your own online project), but after a while you find that good habits are forgotten and you stayed where you were? According to the author, homeostasis is to blame for everything - the desire of the psyche to maintain the usual order. In the book, you will find tips on how to overcome the pressure of homeostasis, make up your mind to change and achieve mastery in the matters that are important to you.
4) Barbara Oakley " Think Like a Mathematician " The book will be useful not only for those who study mathematics, but also for those who want to learn easily, quickly assimilating new information, without postponing important things for later. The author writes: on how to assimilate knowledge in portions how to overcome "stupor" and resistance to learning how to solve complex problems how to make insights and insights a part of learning.
5) Stephen D'Souza, Diana Renner “ Power is not in knowledge. How doubts help us to develop " Do you know too much? The authors of the book are thinking about this, and they offer a strategy for how to live in a world saturated with information. After reading it, you will learn to question authorities, test well-known beliefs for strength, leave room in your head for new ideas and creativity.