Have you ever thought to do payments without internet. Now you can do payments without internet.
National Payment Corporation of India launched a service names USSD. It was used for doing payments without internet, it's been launched 4 years before UPI has been launched. Because of a deadly virus known Corona Virus or Covid 19 no one was able to go outside. Since then more people started using Unified Payments Interface(UPI) apps( Gpay, Paytm, PhonePe..) to do payments. UPI apps were so simple to use that they have to do only few clicks, payment done. But these apps need an internet connection to do payments and all. So what happens in an urgent situation like mobile data over but you need to do some payments or else do recharge to your own phone. Here's when USSD is helpful. So, this USSD can be done on National Uniform USSD Platform (NUUP).
To do this (NUUP) you just need to dial '*99#' service. So by doing this you can do payments without internet.
This how you can use '*99#' ....
- To do this you must have a UPI id and Make sure that your mobile number and bank account is linked.
- Go to your phone's dialer, enter ‘*99#’ and call. This will take you to a numbered menu with seven options, including Send Money, Receive Money, Check Balance, My Profile, Pending Requests, Transactions and UPI PIN.
- To send money, type 1 in the text menu. This will allow you to carry a transaction using either your UPI ID, bank account number and IFSC code or phone number. Choose the method of your choice.
- If you choose UPI, then you will have to enter the recipient's UPI ID. If you select bank account, then you have to enter the beneficiary's account number and IFSC code. If you go for the phone number options, then you need to enter the recipient's phone number.
- Now you need to enter the amount you wish to transfer, same as any other digital transaction platform.
- Enter your UPI PIN number in the last step. Press ‘send’ to complete the transaction. You will get a confirmation will appear on your phone once the transaction is complete. You will be asked the save the beneficiary as a favourite for future transactions. Be careful, using the service will cost you a meagre fee of ₹0.50.
These are the ways to do payments without internet connection.