When we realize our dreams, life asks us to do something about it. Then, it is essential to take the first step toward your dream journey. However, the hardest part of journey is this first step.
What is the first step for you? Let me clear one thing. The first step is not just thinking about your dream. Here, first step means one action step that lay down a foundation for your dream. Most of the failures in this world occur just before this first step.
Take an example. If you want to be a writer, just thinking about it will not make you one. Take first step and Start writing. If you cannot, learn it first. Join a class. Attend an event or Read a book. Do not just sit idle. You can start small.
“One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time.” ~ John Wanamaker
You can become anything if you start working on it. The only limitation you have in your mind. If you do not step forward, you will stay at the same place. As Liz Smith said, “Begin somewhere; you cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do.”
Why it is important to Begin?
When our dreams are fresh, we are excited about them. Even just thinking about it can feel you with passion. At that time, we build many plans in our mind. As time go by, motivation factor gets diminishing. Why? Because, we keep think a lot and do not go beyond thinking.
In the beginning, many fear factors stop us to make early decisions. Sometimes our doubt and sometimes there is fear of failure prevent us to begin. Remember:
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
What are the aspects that stop us taking our first step? Let us recognize and start working on them today.
Why it is important to take the First Step toward Your Dreams:
- You will get out of your Comfortable Zone:You are not able to begin because it may take you to the uncomfortable zone. Remember, the highest growth lie when you get out of your comfortable zone. Get out and Fly high.
- You will learn along the Journey: You may fear starting something because you do not know much about the required skills. It is all right. Nobody is perfect here as perfection is a lifelong process. You may learn faster once the journey of your dreams start.
- You take one step, God will take two: If you take one step toward your destination, God will take two steps to help you. However, you have to be patience in the beginning and keep going.
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- You Vision will become clear: Do you have doubt in your potential? Once you will take action, all your doubts go away. You will be able to see your goal clearly. If your actions are not motivating you, it is not for yours. If you still doubt yourself, stop it. If you do not enjoy what you are doing, do something that passionate you.
- You will lose your Fear of Failure: When you start something, not everything goes as expected. Failures happen in life. It is all right to fail but never repeat the same mistake. Failures always offer us biggest lessons of life. May be without that failure you could never explore some dimensions. As Japanese proverb, “Fall seven times, stand up eight.”
- You will see Unlimited Opportunities:Sometimes we give up our dreams because we do not see much opportunity. In the beginning of anything, we cannot really estimate the scope. Today, the world is full of opportunities that were never exists earlier. You will see plenty of ways proceeding to your dream when you take the first step.
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” ~ Lao Tzu