There is hardly a person in the civilized world who does not know what McDonald's is. It is one of the richest companies in the world. Twenty-seven billion dollars is McDonald's annual revenue. The corporation ranks 90th in the top 100 most profitable businesses in the world. Here are some interesting facts about the familiar fast food company.
1. Worldwide, the McDonald's chain makes 6 million hamburgers a day, which is 75 per second.
2.McDonald's is the world's largest distributor of toys. And it's all thanks to Happy Meal kits for kids. They sell 1.5 billion toys every year.
3. McDonald's salad is even more bad for your figure than the average burger. The caloric ingredients in the salad dressings are to blame. That's why you can't go to McDonald's and choose something dietary.
4. Hors d'oeuvres are banned at McDonald's. Such a rule was introduced after an Englishman decided to order at a Mc Auto by arriving on a horse. The man was fined.
5. The owner of one of the McDonald's restaurants is the Queen of England. The fast food restaurant is located right outside Buckingham Palace. The queen must have wanted a place near her where she could get a quick bite to eat.
6. The biggest part of the company's income comes from orders from Mac Auto. Almost 70 percent! To the average consumer Mc Auto may seem like just an addition to the restaurant, but in fact - it's the core of it.
7. McDonald's directors make dozens of times more than the staff. Just imagine: the amount that the lowest paid McDonald's employee makes in 7 months, the director makes in one hour!
8. McDonald's official employee website published an article called "Avoid Fast Food." It gave advice on eating right.
9. Few people know that in the beginning McDonald's only sold hot dogs. At that time, the chain was still the property of the McDonald brothers. Later, the restaurant was bought out by entrepreneur Ray Kroc, who replaced the hot dogs with burgers. There was also a pizza period in the chain's history. It took place in the 1970s. However, pizza didn't catch on because it took too long to cook compared to quick burgers. Nevertheless, you can still get pizza in restaurants in some American states (Virginia, Ohio).
10. One out of every 8 people in the world has worked at McDonald's. The chain employs 1 million people every year. It's hard to imagine how many people have worked at McDonald's since its inception.