The concept of car reliability Every year, a wide variety of analytical agencies conduct surveys, research, accumulate and process information in order to rank the car market in the appropriate categories. This can be a rating of the most budget cars or the most passable, as well as necessarily the most reliable. This term - reliability - consists of a set of various qualities and characteristics of a car: Operational reliability shows just the time during which the vehicle does not require the slightest repair. Durability is ideal life with regular, quality maintenance. The ease of repair implies the ability to completely bring the car into working condition by means of minor or major repairs. The operability will demonstrate compliance with the actual service life stated in the technical documentation. The experts' conclusions may surprise consumers - far from always “high quality” equals “expensive”. Excellent performance can be given by models of various manufacturers and at any price level. Rating of reliable cars in the world (car brands)
1. Lexus The Japanese car industry is always timeless and out of competition. This is a style, level, class and quality that has no equal yet. Experts who participated in the study of operational data noted very decent electronics, which are responsible for the operation of the engine, transmission and other systems of the car. A few years earlier, car owners complained about equipment failure, especially with a sufficiently large mileage. Now, even after 400 thousand kilometers when driving on various road surfaces and operating in difficult weather conditions, electronics do not cause the slightest concern. The Lexus chassis and consumables demonstrated absolutely phenomenal results. Due to the initially pledged resource reserve of 30%, even if the car owner does not promptly take the car for routine maintenance, this does not affect the "health" of the vehicle in any way.
2. Mazda It's no surprise that the next prize went to a Japanese car. Mazda owes its increased level of reliability to Skyactiv technology, which equalizes the compression ratio of diesel or gasoline engines. In addition, the cars of the brand noted the absence of problems in electronics, the excellent operation of the automatic transmission, which is so common for this brand, and the appearance. Thanks to the build quality and excellent interior decoration, the car does not lose its "presentation" for many years. This feature makes Mazda profitable in resale, because even after several years of operation, it looks new. Especially from the whole family, the experts singled out CX-5 and Mazda 3.
3. Toyota The leading brand in many ratings was awarded the honorary "bronze". Analysts are divided on these vehicles: although they can hardly be called the benchmark for reliability in some areas, they all benefit in the amount of money saved on maintenance compared to other equally popular brands. Both automatic transmissions and robotic transmissions received a good rating. Continuously variable variators installed on some models also do not require regular repairs, and any malfunctions can be eliminated with little money.
4. Audi Surprisingly, the vaunted German quality has not provided their auto industry with getting to the highest steps of the reliability rating for many years. Audi has received this honor for its main advantage - an aluminum body. Lightweight, economical and, thanks to a long-lasting paint finish, very resistant to corrosion. The owners speak positively about the trouble-free, durable transmission and the absence of electrical problems. However, if there is a need for body repair, it will be very expensive for the owner. Since the melting temperature of aluminum is much higher than that of steel, welding work will require special equipment, special skills, which automatically increases the cost of work.
5. Subaru Evaluation of the technical characteristics of this car surprised even specialists. The reason for the brand's unexpected takeoff is the introduction of new, stronger alloys into the manufacturing process to improve engine reliability. And design engineers have additionally reduced the degree of forcing of motors, bringing them to world standards. Good dynamic parameters are achieved by equipping with a turbocharger, although more recently, power was added by increasing the revs and varying the injection. The Legacy model received the highest rating, but the BR-Z coupe added a fly in the ointment, falling into the anti-rating of unreliable sports cars.
6. Porsche Slowly but surely the automaker is climbing higher and higher in the rank of a reliable brand. This can be explained by the expansion of sales of models with traditional engines, which are installed, for example, in the Cayenne SUV or Panamera hatchback. But the sports options - Cayman and Boxster - cause noreniya. Their boxer units proved to be extremely capricious in operation, requiring frequent maintenance. Of course, people who can afford Porsche cars will not skimp on repairs and maintenance. However, at the moment, the maintainability and durability of these models leaves much to be desired, especially given their price tag. The rear-wheel drive Panamera and the Macan crossover were at the top of the rating within the family.
7. Honda The manufacturer has finally taken the i-VTEC system seriously and perfected it. For years, car owners have suffered from malfunctions and even failure of the executive hydraulics. At the same time, Japanese engineers decided to abandon the multi-link suspension and functionally improved the chassis, just simplifying it. Experts especially appreciated this move - not being afraid to lose a technical advantage, the brand acquired a new dignity and a new level of rating. The interior of all Honda models boasts excellent finishes and quality materials, even in budget versions. Perfect assembly does not bother the car owner with unnecessary noise and squeaks. All this allows the car to maintain a decent look for a long time in order to be resold at an excellent price. The best model of the brand in terms of reliability was recognized as the Honda Civic Si, which became the best sports car with a highly accelerated engine.
8. KIA The brand managed to surpass its direct competitor Hyundai several times, with which it competed for a long time in prestige and quality. For Korean motors, a very high reliability has long been noted, bringing them to the level of new generation power units. And thanks to the constant elimination of emerging gaps and continuous improvement, now they deserve to be in line with the most prestigious brands. The manufacturer also got rid of troubles with electronics, which broke down during operation in bad weather conditions and under excessive load. And the silent gearbox has lost its unpleasant "failures" when changing gears. The only drawback at the moment is the chassis of the cars, which still needs to be brought to European quality. The Sportage crossover has become the leader within the brand.
9. Nissan This car has a very good reputation for being a dependable workhorse. Excellent anti-corrosion coating, low oil consumption, decent engine and chassis. Problems can begin after about 100 thousand kilometers, small, fixable, similar to other car brands, but with biting prices. The device of the machine is such that to replace, for example, candles, half of the engine has to be disassembled. Or it is impossible to separately change the steering rods exclusively in conjunction with an electric rail, which by itself could serve another 200 thousand kilometers.
10. BMW Apparently, the German automaker decided to make money on spare parts and service, and not on sales, as the Japanese do. Only this can explain the incredible complexity of the internal structure of the car and at the same time increased "fragility". BMW owners unanimously talk about frequent visits to services, since almost no car malfunction can be performed on their own. Any interference with the mechanism can only cause more damage. It seems that the desire to make a really good car led to the fact that the engineers were too clever and unwittingly reduced reliability to a minimum. Read more: Why is there a lot of pressure in the cooling system? If the BMW does not drive off-road and does not get into accidents, it will pleasantly please with a magnificent, not gluttonous engine that starts from a half turn at any temperature and functions perfectly under any load. The suspension is especially noted, which allows you to feel like on soft waves while driving.
Video about the top 10 most unreliable cars: Age and mileage does not spoil them: top 5 long-lived cars Content About 55% of cars moving on the roads of Russia were produced more than 10 years ago. Japanese and German cars are leaders in reliability and durability. The motors of German cars are capable of overcoming the 500,000 km line. And the engines of the "Japanese" do not fail even at 600,000 kilometers. The average "Koreans", "Americans" and "French" have an engine resource of up to 300,000 km. Russian cars, on the other hand, may need to overhaul at 150-200 thousand kilometers. What cars are not spoiled by age or mileage? We have compiled a list of "centenarians" popular among Russians. Who entered the "top five", read below. Toyota Camry Opens top Japanese Toyota Camry sedan. This is one of the most popular used foreign cars. Over the past three months, it has been checked 139,825 times through the Autocode service. The sixth generation "Camry" is in the greatest demand, which is sold at half the price of fresh models. The sixth "body" of 2006 can be bought from 500,000 rubles, and the seventh version in 2012 - from 850,000 rubles. With careful use, the old "Camry" 12-15 let can last until now. And the same amount will last with proper care. They have reliable suspension, brakes and engine. At the same time, "Camry" does not require serious investments in maintenance and repairs. Average costs per year - 70-80 thousand rubles for maintenance, replacement of consumables and technical fluids. Of the minuses of the "Japanese" - roll, squeaks in the cabin and poor insulation. The cost of the new Toyota Camry - 1,800,000 rubles Toyota Camry 2013 - 950,000 rubles Toyota Camry 2008 - 650,000 rubles Audi A4 The second car in the five "long-livers" is a representative from Germany. Mileage of Audi A4 in the secondary market reaches 700 and more thousand kilometers. And the 350,000 km Audi guaranteed by the manufacturer "run" in one go. For example, here is a 2002 model: But even with high mileage, the A4 retains a stiff suspension, and the engine runs perfectly. True, the ground clearance of the "four" is low - only 11 cm. The car will not drive through our holes and bumps for a long time without repair. It is expensive to maintain and repair a "German" even in specialized car services. Replacing the clutch costs from 18 thousand rubles just for work. The repair of the valve body together with the removal will cost the same amount. Nevertheless, Audi A4 is in good demand in Russia. It was checked 25,120 times through Avtokod in three months. The cost of the new Audi A4 - 2,100,000 rubles 2013 Audi A4 - 900,000 rubles 2008 Audi A4 - 550,000 rubles Also read: BMW 5 versus Audi A4 Honda Civic Honda Civic was released in 1972. To date, 10 generations of the model have been released, and all of them are liquid on the secondary market. The model has been checked 28,335 times through Autocode over the past 3 months. The car attracts with excellent handling and a reliable engine with a guaranteed resource of 300-350 thousand km. With proper maintenance, a 1.8 liter engine will travel 500 thousand kilometers. It has a well thought out dashboard, good dynamics and reliable suspension. But with boxes, everything is not so simple. The “automatic machine” works well, but the “robot” often breaks down due to wear of the parts. Also, the "Civic" has low ground clearance and poor sound insulation. Seat upholstery wears out quickly. Owners have to wait a long time for spare parts and pay a lot of money for them. So, the engine for "Honda" produced in 2003-2006 is sold on "Avto.ru" for 28.5 thousand rubles, and automatic transmission - for 24.5 thousand rubles. But the car quietly "runs off" another 150-200 thousand kilometers without serious technical problems. The cost of the new Honda Civic - 850,000 rubles Honda Civic 2013 - 750,000 rubles Honda Civic 2008 - 400,000 rubles Skoda Octavia The fourth car in our selection is the Skoda Octavia. This "age" car, if used with care, can travel for 15 years or more. It is equipped with a durable rigid suspension, reliable manual transmission, clutch and brakes. If you do not save on the purchase of spare parts for the above units, the car from the moment of their installation to replacement will drive another 100-200 thousand kilometers. The disadvantages of the Czech Skoda Octavia are weak automatic transmissions and the lack of bells and whistles in design and technical equipment. In the cabin, there is cheap plastic, which over time begins to creak and crack. Nevertheless, "Octavia" is popular among motorists and is especially in demand among the owners of taxi companies. This report is an excellent confirmation of this: A taxi license for a car is valid until 2022: The popularity of a car is also proved by the number of checks through Autocode. For three months the report on "Octavia" was received 90 487 times! The cost of the new Skoda Octavia - 1,300,000 rubles Skoda Octavia 2013 - 600,000 rubles Skoda Octavia 2008 - 350,000 rubles Volkswagen Polo The last representative of our "five" will serve from the moment of release and until it is no longer carefully exploited. The Polo has a high ground clearance of 17 cm, so it is not afraid of dead roads. The bottom has an anti-gravel coating that protects the bottom from flying stones. The body is double galvanized to prevent rust on parts. The disadvantages of a German car are expensive official maintenance and repairs. Replacing the steering rack, for example, will cost 8,000 rubles, and overhaul of the engine - from 35,000 rubles for parts and work. Other disadvantages of the Polo are hard plastic in the cabin and poor sound insulation. Nevertheless, the "German" is very popular among domestic motorists. Over the past three months, this model has been tested 84,459 times. Volkswagen Polo cost - 650,000 rubles 2013 Volkswagen Polo - 450,000 rubles 2008 Volkswagen Polo - 250,000 rubles Author: Egor Anikin What car would you add to our list? Share your opinion in the comments below the article. Top 5 most reliable cars - we took everything into account! Which cars are the most reliable on the Russian market? No speculation - just pure statistics. Each of us has our own reliability rating based on personal experience, stories from relatives, friends, acquaintances, read and seen on the Internet. Someone is sure that the most reliablef - Japanese cars, another convinces that the “Japanese”, on the contrary, have surrendered their positions and are now “ruled by the Koreans”, and the “expert” laughs at them, believing that there was nothing better than the “Germans”, and will never be. After a short thought, everyone will name the “most reliable” brand. And having strained - also a model. However, all this is just a personal opinion. A more authoritative opinion is insurance and statistical agencies, large auto publications that study the reliability of cars according to their own methods and regularly publish reports in the form of ratings. The most popular are TÜV Report; DEKRA Used Car Report; ADAC Car Reliability Ratings; Warranty Direct Reliability Index. Top-100 UK Cars; Consumer Reports: 10 Most Reliable Cars; Consumer Reports: 30 Best Used Cars; J.D. Power and Associates Dependability Study. These are Germanic, British and American sources. The rating compilers not only interview the owners of cars of different years of production, but also analyze revocable campaigns, insured events, and the service history of each car. For example, the German Technical Inspectorate (TUV) collects data from ten million vehicles year after year, and each vehicle is evaluated according to a hundred parameters. Another German Automobile Inspectorate (DEKRA) has one and a half times more sample. The ADAC Automobile Club has 18 million members from across Europe. This is a huge amount of data that allows you to identify, among other things, the real percentage of breakdowns (malfunctions). We have to compare the available ratings and exclude models that are not sold in Russia. The rest can be counted on one hand - that's why we don't divide them into classes. Yes, it is clear that some of them differ from European and especially American versions, so we are talking about the general level of reliability, regardless of the place of production and market. We take into account that we, in Russia, have special operating conditions. And we remember the words of Winston Churchill about three types of lies (lies, blatant lies and statistics). Therefore, the resulting rating is not only informational, but also entertaining. Read more: Seat belts on the rear oka installation Reliability - the property of an object to keep in time within the established limits the values of all parameters characterizing the ability to perform the required functions in the specified modes and conditions of use, maintenance, storage and transportation (www.wikipedia.org) 5- e and 4th places. Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4 Japanese crossovers are the best answer to "sofa experts" who assure that "Japanese women are not the same." Eternal rivals Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4 invariably occupy good places in reliability ratings - usually not among the leaders, but somewhere in the middle. So, in the fresh TUV rating, the Honda CR-V is in 21st place with 4% of breakdowns at 43 thousand kilometers. Toyota RAV4 has exactly the same percentage of breakdowns at 35 thousand, and the crossover is on the 23rd line. In the UK Top 100 UK Cars ranking, both models are in the middle of the ranking, and here the Honda CR-V has a higher reliability level than the Toyota RAV4. And in the What Car rating? in the SUV class, these competitors, on the contrary, took the lead, changing places. In the first place - RAV4 with 99.5% reliability, in the second - petrol CR-V 2012-2018 with 98.7%. In any case, both are worthy of attention as candidates for the acquisition. And in order not to be disappointed in all reliability ratings at once, do not skimp on a thorough comprehensive diagnostics of the car you like. 3rd place. Audi Q3 In the TUV rating, the Audi crossover ranks fifth with a surprisingly low percentage of breakdowns - 2.9% for 44 thousand km. Last year, the Q3 was ranked # 1 in the J.D. Power and Associates' compact premium crossover class. This makes the Q3 an attractive buy (assuming you have a minimum of 2.3 million for such a car). The Audi Q3 also occupies a good position in the What Car? - third place in the family SUV class. But clarification is required here: we are talking about cars with gasoline engines. The diesel version was only in 15th place. However, this is already exotic here. 2nd place. Lexus GX Longevity of reliability ratings - mid-size premium SUV Lexus GX, "brother" of Toyota Land Cruiser Prado with gasoline V8. He is called the leader and J.D. Power and Associates, and Consumer Reports, noting that it is well ahead of its closest competitors. And the brand itself has been leading the American reliability ratings for the ninth year in a row. By the way, in the current J.D. Power is followed by Porsche. And in the same class, the RX is behind the GX. Another Lexus, the ES, leads the compact premium car segment. Alas, in our country, an SUV with an almost 300-horsepower engine, with a price of under 5 million, few people can afford. And those who drive such cars in Russia are likely to confirm the words of their American colleagues. I wonder if the new generation of the SUV, which has recently begun to be sold in Russia, will be just as reliable? As they say, time will tell. Most likely - yes, since the main units of the car remained the same. 1st place.
Porsche 911 In the TUV ranking, the German sports car takes first place with 2.5% of breakdowns with an average mileage of 26 thousand kilometers. Yes, a little for three years. But, firstly, very few people even in Germany drive a Porsche every day, and secondly, 911s are obviously not purchased for “vegetable” driving, and with such a load, the mileage can be safely tripled. What is especially important: the 911 has been at the top of the reliability ratings for many years. But more importantly, this model is also the leader in the rating among older cars: from 4 to 5 years old, from 6 to 7 years old, from 8 to 9 years old, from 10 to 11 years old. So if you ever save up on such a Porsche, buy it at least ten years old. Moreover, the owners of this model almost never save on maintenance - which also has a positive effect on the reliability rating. Rather, it is a guarantee of leading positions, along with the quality of components, assembly, and after engineering solutions that ensure reliability. And in the Top 100 UK Cars ranking, the Porsche 911 997 earned a low rating due to the cost of repairs, which, according to the British, affects the perception of a car as reliable or unreliable. And a car that often breaks down, but simple and cheap to repair, can seem quite reliable - that is, retaining its properties for a long time, the main of which is the ability to drive. As they say, everyone has their own truth.