1. At one time the mummy of Pharaoh Ramses II. was given a passport! Yes, no, at one time - that's not when he was alive 3300 years ago )) But quite a modern Egyptian passport, which he needed... I mean her... mummy, in 1974 for a trip to Paris )) The thing is, both the living and the dead require a passport to enter France... So, for the sake of examination of the mummy in Paris, in order not to take Ramses II as a cultural heritage or landmark, he... I mean she... the mummy was given a passport and exported as a deceased king! Yes, they wrote it right there in the passport (name: Ramses II, date of birth: 1303 BC, nationality: Egyptian, occupation: king, deceased)
2. Despite the vast area, over 98% of Egyptians live on only 5% of the surface of Egypt - mostly along the Nile River and Delta, and on the coast of the Mediterranean and Red Seas. The rest is almost lifeless deserts and cliffs!
3. By the way, the Nile is one of the two longest rivers in the world (~7,000 km), on a par with the Amazon in South America... How is it on a par? The explorers from Brazil and from Egypt from time to time find new evidence, that their river is slightly longer ))
4. And if we are talking about the Nile, it is not only the longest river in Africa and Egypt, but simply the only river in Egypt! The rest are its few tributaries.)
5. Despite only 5-6% of occupied territory, Egypt is the most populous country in the Middle East! There are more than 100 million people, of which up to 25 million live in Cairo and its suburbs!
6. Egypt belongs to one of the few countries that lie on two continents at once: partly in Africa, partly in Asia.
7. The last queen of Egypt, Cleopatra, was not Egyptian, but Greek.... Despite her immortalized memory in many movies, her fate was sad - she committed suicide after the Roman Empire's capture of Egypt to avoid submitting to Octavian
8. The American Academy Film Academy's Oscar statuette looks suspiciously much like the Egyptian fertility god Sokar, both in appearance and name... Google it if you don't believe me )) But nobody dares to accuse the American Motion Picture Academy of plagiarism - Hollywood simply cannot stand such an embarrassment.)
9. Speaking of gods, the ancient Egyptians worshipped almost 1500 gods!
10. The ancient Egyptian civilization is indeed one of the oldest, if not the oldest, in the world - it is more than 5000 years old!