Also known as aconite, this vast genus of plants has over 330 species, all of which are extremely poisonous. The neurotoxin aconitine is found in all parts of the plant, causing irritation even upon contact with human skin. Ingestion is fatal.
Socrates was thought to have committed suicide by taking a tincture of the juice of the voech, but this version was later revised. Nevertheless, the wöch remains one of the most poisonous plants in the world, with a deceptively pleasant smell and taste of the rhizome. Its poison, cicutoxin, causes nausea, colic, foaming at the mouth, seizures and death within minutes of ingestion if the stomach is not flushed in time.
Also known as common belladonna. Belladonna juice is used in small doses in folk medicine, but if a little too much, you can earn the most severe atropine poisoning. Known signs are tachycardia, photophobia, hallucinations. Without treatment, death from paralysis of the respiratory center is possible.
Widely known ornamental and houseplant that requires special care. Its sap contains oleanderin that causes colic, vomiting and diarrhea, and in large doses, cardiac arrest. Even animals can be poisonous, so do not bring oleander into homes with cats or dogs.
5. castor oil
The seeds of castor oil are used to make the famous castor oil, which is used in many industries as well as medicine. But untreated, they contain ricin, a protein toxin 6 times more poisonous than potassium cyanide. What's more, even if you can get rid of it, the damage to your health is irreparable - ricin irreparably destroys tissue proteins.
Another ornamental plant with beautiful, unusually shaped flowers, it is also extremely poisonous. Because of its high hallucinogenic properties, brugmansia was used by Chilean, Colombian and Peruvian tribes in their rituals. All parts of the plant contain the alkaloids atropine and scopolamine, and a relatively small overdose can be fatal.
7. yew berry.
The well-known European evergreen tree, which also occurs in Russia. All its parts - berries, bark and wood - are poisonous. Even Pliny the Elder noted the poisoning of a man who drank from the yew goblet. If cattle eat yew branches, their milk also becomes poisonous.
This climbing plant looks like grapes and is used in landscaping, but its rhizomes and fruits contain a dangerous poison. It takes a large dose to be fatal, but even a small portion can cause serious stomach poisoning.
Also known as wolfsbane and wolfsbane. Occasionally used in folk medicine and for decorative purposes. Contains a cocktail of poisons that can begin to act even upon skin contact with wet bark or sap. Poisoning causes vomiting, cramps and weakness and can lead to death.
Given the great popularity of daffodils, it is worth warning - you should not eat them under any circumstances. Daffodil bulbs, sometimes mistaken for onions in stores, can cause vomiting and diarrhea when eaten. The same applies to unfurled flowers.