There are many health benefits of walking, as walking is one of the best simple, and easy ways to maintain the general health and safety of the body because it gives the body many benefits. Through this report, we monitor the health benefits of walking and what is the correct walking method?
What are the health benefits of walking?
One of the most prominent benefits of walking for half an hour a day is that it is an easy exercise that does not require any sports equipment, equipment, or special training, in addition to that it is an enjoyable way and does not require hard physical effort.
Themost prominent benefits are:
Walking for 15 minutes a day can help reduce stress and reduce your craving for sugar due to stress.
•Reduces the risk of breast cancer
The risk of infection is reduced by up to 14% for women who walk 7 hours or more per week.
Protects from arthritis pain
Walking protects against arthritis and strengthens the supporting muscles, especially the knee and pelvic joints.
Cold and flu diseases
Walking 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes a day boosts immunity and reduces symptoms when infected.
Walking reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease by up to a third.
Reducing the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
Walking speed is associated with a lower risk of type 2 diabetes, regardless of the number of hours, aerobic exercise and gymnastics are associated with a significant decrease in the risk of type 2 diabetes
Reduce blood sugar levels
A study indicated that 3 minutes of low-intensity walking or simple resistance exercises every 30 minutes helps reduce blood sugar and insulin levels in people with diabetes.
A study indicated that moderate-intensity exercise for 45 minutes, or brisk walking for 60 minutes 5 times a week, raised the levels of immunoglobulin in the blood by 20%, in addition to a significant decrease in the numbers of lymphocytes in the blood.
Other benefits of walking
There are many other benefits of walking, including:
· Strengthen bones, muscles, and joints.
· Reducing body fat and burning calories, thus contributing to weight loss, especially during brisk walking.
· Improve mood and relieve stress.
· Improving the breathing process, and thus the body gets a greater amount of oxygen.
· Give the body strength and endurance.
· Reducing the level of decreased mental function, thus reducing the risk of Alzheimer's disease.
· Reducing the risk of some serious diseases, which include, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, some types of cancer, osteoporosis, and arthritis.
What is the appropriate time to walk?
Many factors must be taken and it is recommended that when starting to walk or a new physical activity, start at a low level of intensity, and then increase gradually and slowly over time, as starting activities quickly and vigorously can cause injury.
The duration of walking is one of the most important factors, as it is recommended to walk for 30 to 60 minutes a day, and you can start walking for only five minutes three times a day, which helps to strengthen bones and muscles, and then gradually increase the time to reach the final goal.
How to walk properly?
Walking exercise requires taking a proper posture, and it is preferable to walk 3 times a week, taking into account not to stop, except when necessary. Walking is practiced on an empty stomach, and you should not walk immediately after eating.
There are some tips for practicing walking as follows:-
· Keep the back, head, and neck straight.
· Look forward and avoid looking down.
· Relax the muscles in the back, shoulders, and neck a little and avoid pulling them too hard.
· Tighten the abdominal muscles.
· Bend the elbows and swing the arms smoothly.
· Start walking with your feet flexed from heel to toe.
· Tips while walking
Walking is safe, but care must be taken while practicing it to avoid any injuries. There are some tips, including:
· Immediately stop walking when you feel very tired or have difficulty breathing.
· Drink water constantly and in batches during and after walking.
· Focus on the road and use the mobile phone only when necessary.
· Avoid walking on the streets during the rain to avoid slipping.
· Wear warm clothes when walking in cold weather to avoid exposure to colds.
· keep away from dangerous areas; Mountain tops, and places of avalanches and mountains.
· Not eating while walking or at least half an hour before it; As this will lead to a disturbance in the digestive process, in addition to the speed of fatigue of the body.
It is one of the aerobic exercises, which move the large skeletal muscles, giving the body several different health benefits, with minimal side effects, and these muscles include the main muscles of the legs and the gluteal muscles in
the buttocks and walking are one of the simplest types of sports, as anyone can A person can walk anywhere, in addition to not needing any equipment, as it is suitable to be satisfied with the appropriate sports shoes that support the curvature of the feet, and raise the heels a little.
It is also one of the exercises suitable for beginners, people who are overweight, the elderly, or people who have not exercised for a long time.
Fast walking is a good exercise that can be done indoors, outdoors or using a treadmill.