Cream of 20%
on the tip of a knife
Ground black pepper
1. Cut the potatoes into circles. I do this with a small slicer, or you can slice them with a food processor. It's very important that the circles are thin, almost transparent, and it will be very difficult to do this with a knife.
2. Grease a bowl with butter.
3. Lay the potatoes in layers. Season each layer with a little salt.
4. Pour the cream into a container and bring to the boil, then add the crushed garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5. Cook on a low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
6. Add the milk to the cream and simmer for another 2 minutes.
7. Pour the sauce into the potatoes, then cover the potatoes with foil and place in the oven at 160 degrees for 30 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes, when the potatoes are done, sprinkle them with cheese and put them back in the oven for 10 minutes WITHOUT COATING THE FILM.